Alzheimer’s disease is a physician caused disease (resulting from cholesterol and saturated fat bashing) in which those afflicted suffer from a progressive loss of memory, difficulties with arousal and motor function appearing in the later stages of the disease. Identified in 1979, it appears to be due to a cholesterol and fat deficiency. Alzheimer’s disease is not genetic.
The following is a transcript from a lecture by Dr. Joel Wallach about Alzheimer’s disease.
Cholesterol should really be an essential nutrient, like Calcium, and Vitamin A and Vitamin C, Zinc, and so forth. You would only make 10% of your daily need. The other 90% you must get in your diet, and people get real good about restricting red meat, and chicken skin and dairy products, and so it is real easy to get cholesterol out of your life. And the physicians, the medical profession has created a whole family of diseases that are related to fat deficiency, essential fatty acid deficiencies, cholesterol deficiency, and one of my favorites I’ll share with you. This particular disease did not exist 40 years ago. It was not in any medical textbook, it was not in any medical dictionary, it was not taught in any medical course. It only became a disease entity in the literature in 1979. Today it’s the number 4 killer of adults over the age of 65, behind cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes. It’s Alzheimer’s disease. It’s a physician-caused disease, and I’m going to prove that to you in a minute.
Now people say to me, “Look, Doc, every member of my family has got Alzheimer’s disease, and doctors tell me that it is genetic.” Well, it’s not genetic, and I’m going to prove that to you in a second, but if you have every family member who has got Alzheimer’s disease, that means you have the same family physician. You want to get a new doctor.
Your brain is 75% pure cholesterol. And if you are really good at giving up cholesterol, and you are painstakingly careful about eliminating cholesterol in your diet, what’s going to happen in about 10 to 12 years? You only make 10% Well, you start losing that myelin, that insulating stuff out of your brain, again it makes up 75% of your brain weight, and the old squashola goes and you get Alzheimer’s disease.
You can prevent Alzheimer’s disease, …
…you can reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease to almost zero, if you eat two eggs every morning, soft scrambled, poached or soft boiled every morning, not fried. And certainly no fried foods. And you want to take in all 90 essential nutrients, you want to make sure you are taking in 1200 to 2000 units of Vitamin E. If you do that, even if you already have Alzheimer’s disease, or advanced Alzheimer’s disease, you can honestly expect to have a significant amount of return of memory. There’s hope for you! And doctors just go berserk when you I say things like that. I used to say that we could prevent Alzheimer’s disease in pigs and chickens, and they say “you show us where pigs and chickens get Alzheimer’s disease”. Well I can’t, because we prevent it!
But in the experiment, when we did experimentally produce Alzheimer’s disease in pigs and chickens, it was called encephalomalacia. And so you have to know how to read the veterinary literature as well as the human literature. Well, I’ve been vindicated in that one. This was in our own Univ. of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, a very reputable medical school. Also co-researched by the Salk Institute, also a very famous research institute. “Vitamin E can ease memory loss in Alzheimer’s patients.” This was four and a half years ago, July, 1992. I’ve been saying that over and over and doctors go berserk, wanting to know, “I want you to prove what you’re saying!” “Vitamin E can ease memory loss in Alzheimer’s patients.” I just send them a photocopy of this and they just say, “Oh, well, we have to close that investigation” and I’m just acting like a reporter here. They think I’m just making this stuff up. Well, for those who say “that was just one study, and there’s no way to prove that again”, this was just in the newspaper a couple of days ago now, “Vitamin E can slow Alzheimer’s disease”, again the Univ. of CA., San Diego. This is published in the New England Journal of Medicine.